Garod Silk Saree
Fabric - Silk
Colour - Black
Type - Saree
Garod is literally a variety of silk. Bengal’s quintessential Garod saree is characterised by plain red borders set against a smooth natural ground with widely spaced motifs (generally paisleys) scattered diagonally from feet to waist. Women of Bengal prefer Garod sarees during the pujas. A weaver takes around 4-5 days to produce an exquisite Garod saree.
Biswa Bangla has joined hands with the weavers of Murshidabad district to bring in new designs and colours in Garod to recreate its traditional experience for the contemporary connoisseurs.
COLOUR, TEXTURE & WASH CARE INFORMATION
- Colour and Texture of the product may slightly vary than that in the photograph.
- Dry Clean only, Cold Wash recommended. Colour may bleed in case of natural dyes.
- May have slight irregularity which is characteristic of any hand-woven, hand-embroidered or hand-crafted product. Connoisseurs worldwide love handmade products, more because of these small variations in regular pattern as that adds to the unique charm of these products which is missing in machine-made products.
- Missing yarn, slobs and uneven yarn contrasts are general phenomena in hand-woven products. This is a natural outcome and inherent characteristic of the hand-weaving procedure which makes the products all the more unique and beautiful.
- Imperfections in hand-printing may be noticed, and colour may fade or bleed due to the traditional dyeing and printing processes employed.