Handwoven Offwhite Jamdani Shawl with Paisley Design
Colour - Off-White
The name Jamdani is a compound word wherein “jam” means flower and “dani” means vase. The name is suggestive of the beautiful floral motifs that adorn these gorgeous sarees.
Originally made from Karpas cotton grown in the Brahmaputra hinterland, Jamdani at present is worked on cotton, cotton-silk and pure mulberry silk. The weaving of jamdani is like tapestry work where small shuttles of coloured, gold or silver threads are passed through the weft. It’s the vibrant colours and richness of its motifs that make Jamdani stand out from among other handloom products. Handweaving Jamdani is time-consuming and labour-intensive because the motifs are created directly on the loom using the discontinuous weft technique. A highly skilled weaver takes almost eight to twelve months to weave an exquisite Jamdani saree.
COLOUR, TEXTURE & WASH CARE INFORMATION
- Colour and Texture of the product may slightly vary than that in the photograph.
- Dry Clean only, Cold Wash recommended. Colour may bleed in case of natural dyes.
- May have slight irregularity which is characteristic of any hand-woven, hand-embroidered or hand-crafted product. Connoisseurs worldwide love handmade products, more because of these small variations in regular pattern as that adds to the unique charm of these products which is missing in machine-made products.
- Missing yarn, slobs and uneven yarn contrasts are general phenomena in hand-woven products. This is a natural outcome and inherent characteristic of the hand-weaving procedure which makes the products all the more unique and beautiful.
- Imperfections in hand-printing may be noticed, and colour may fade or bleed due to the traditional dyeing and printing processes employed.